Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 23, 2010


Yesterday I went to the doctor’s for a chemical stress test.  I’ll admit I was a little stressed just at the thought of them shooting chemicals into to mimic hard physical exercise.  As it turned out, other than a nasty burning sensation as they injected the chemical, it went very well.  The most uncomfortable thing about it was that I had to lay on this narrow piece of equipment with my arms over my head for 25 minutes – twice.  I actually went to sleep the last time during the procedure.
Afterwards (it lasted a little over 3 hours) we stopped at IHOP to eat. (Breakfast for me and lunch for Ella).  UMMMM! Unlimited pancakes for $4.99.  They brought 5 pancakes to start with (which is all that I ate) but then they would bring more, 3-at-a-time, until you yelled, “Stop!”
This week we put more heat-shrink plastic on windows (inside and out).  I only have 2 windows left uncovered.  I will not cover them until I have to because once they’re done, I will be unable to open a window; and I so enjoy the fresh air!  Some of our friends packed up their motorhome and moved  south for the winter and left a set of steps behind.  They told us that we were welcome to use them until they come back next spring.  So, we picked them up and brought them home.  It IS nice to step out onto a tiny porch instead of the narrow RV steps.  I may have to make a set for us to have once I return these.
This morning while Ella worked at the club house, I did some cleaning around home and then picked up our Angle Food order.  I really like the fruit and veggie box.  It’s nice to get a variety of fresh food.  3 of the items I will donate to our church. I have more cabbage and carrots than we can possible eat and the bag of yellow onions are of no use to me as I’m allergic to them.
We had a measurable amount of rain today - the first this month - but it took us out of the lead for the driest October on record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.