Monday, December 5, 2011

2011 December 05


            Another cold and gray morning.  It is now eleven a.m. and the temp has climbed all the way to twenty!  This is Monday and the forecast is to stay below freezing until Saturday’s predicted high of thirty-three.  The good news is, it is supposed to be bright and sunny all week.  That means lots of passive solar heat streaming through the windows.  Not today though which is to remain cloudy.
            I’ve had breakfast, done dishes and written a story titled “How To Name A Cat” which you can read at www.StoriesByThomasEWilliams.blogspot.com.  
(insert passage of time here)
           I’ve now called Pastor Lee about sermon prep for this coming Saturday’s service, we’ve picked up Ella’s paycheck and taken it to the credit union for deposit.
            On the way home, we stopped in Johnston at the Senior Center.  We had not seen it since it was remodeled earlier this year.  We arrived just in time to get signed up for lunch.  You are actually supposed to call ahead and make reservations if you are going to eat.  They did, however, let us eat.  It was Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.  There was also lemon bars and stewed plums of which I ate neither and Ella ate both.
            After lunch we visited with the site director and filled out all the paper work to be registered at the site.  After all the paperwork was taken care of, she asked me if I could be Santa on the fifteenth for a day care group.  Unfortunately that is a Thursday and I’ve just agreed to conduct a Bible study at Emeritus in Urbandale every Thursday at 1:30.  Here is a video about Emeritus.  
            We did sign up to come on Wednesday the fourteenth for liver and onions.  Ella really likes live and onions.  I can’t eat onions.  I have an allergic reaction (throat swells shut and I get a ‘nearly’ migraine headache) when I eat onions.  That is a real shame because I love onions.  Now, about the liver.  I don’t know.  It’s been a long time since I had beef liver.  At one time I really liked liver.  However, when I was in my teens, I was anemic and mom fixed a LOT of liver for me to eat.  When you’ve been ‘force feed’ most anything, it tends to lose its appeal.
            We had a little flurry of snow (that was not in the forecast) around lunch time but has quit now.  The wind however is howling around the trailer and making me shiver even though it is plenty warm inside.
            I’ve spent enough time on this post and I’ve got to work on Bible study material as well as prepare a sermon for Saturday.  So, gotta go.  I’ll write at ya later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.