Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thinking about "Not my will but Thine"

“We gather together to ask the Lord’s blessing; He chastens and hastens His will to make known” So goes the old hymn. Do you see the two points of view here? WE gather to ask for blessings. HE is here to make His will known. This anonymous writer shares a remarkable insight here!


How often we come to God with our hands out and our list of wants. How like little children we are. Our own desires can blind us to that which God wants for us. God has his own list: a list of blessings that he is ready to give freely. However, we have to be walking with God (not running off on our own) for Him to give them to us. We pray, “Show me Your will, Lord” which is good. However, sometimes maybe we should pray, “Show me, tell me, guide me, push me, pull me into Your will, not my will but Yours, Lord!” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.