Friday, July 16, 2010

7/16/10

July 16, 2010




Today began by getting together for breakfast with friends. About a dozen of us were at Dahls this morning. Our great-granddaughters are with us some Fridays but not today. However, another couple had their two grandkids with them. I enjoy these times with friends and it gives us a chance to get caught up on the latest news/gossip.



After leaving there, we stopped by the church to drop of some pop cans. The youth group takes them to the redemption center and the money goes toward their projects.



We then stopped at the bank to deposit some cash (from working last weekend at Lake Robbins). That will cover the new-to-me used tire.



We picked our first two tomatoes this afternoon. They haven’t been taste tested yet so I’ll have to report on that later. I’ll need to remember to pick up a head of iceberg lettuce and then we can make some BLTs with the turkey bacon I bought yesterday.



My alarm just went off to remind me that I need to be at work soon. I’m on duty at the gatehouse from 3:30 to 10. Fridays are busy with the weekend campers checking in. A week ago Friday we did about $2800.00. Which is more than we did on the Friday before Independence day. (of course people had been showing up for the 4th for nearly a week beforehand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.