Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 17 & 18

July 17

We made the BLTs and they were good, but not great.  I feel we should have waited another day or two to pick those tomatoes!  But, Hey! who can WAIT for the first tomatoes?

July 18

What a wild morning.  Major wind storm came through between 2:30 and 4:00 a.m.  We collected 3" of rain in that short amount of time. A weather station at an elementary school near here reported wind gusts of 53mph.  Places in West Des Moines were reporting straight line winds of 80mph. That is hurricane force winds.
Other than our patio furniture being scattered about, we escaped with no problems.  There are trees down throughout the resort.  And I haven't heard all the news from here.  I know that some had their awnings ripped off and at least one had a good size limb on their roof.
My alarm is telling me to go to work, so I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.