Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 26 2011


Okay, so, I’m sorry, okay?
I haven’t kept this blog up to date.  I have an excuse, though. 
We will soon have 4G service (finally) in our area.  So, it was time to update my aircard for the laptop.  The old aircard plugged into a USB port.  The new aircard is wireless (and can support up to 5 devices at a time) Yeah!  Sounds great.  However, when I got it home, I found that the laptop no longer could find ANY wireless networks.  Great!  I’d just spent more money than I really wanted to in an effort to speed up my system only to find that I could not connect to it.
            After weighting my options I decided to spend even more money and purchase a new laptop.  Hey, we can go without eating for a month!
            Okay, now that THAT is out of my system.
            We have been having absolutely gorgeous weather for the last couple weeks.  We had one night when they predicted it would get down to 28 degrees but it only dipped down to 32 for a minute or two.  We’ve had highs in the 70s and lows in the 50-40s.  The trees are no longer as pretty and many are standing naked now.
            The activities here at the resort have changed from the frantic days of summer camping to the quieter fall camping of sitting around campfires after dark (which comes so much earlier).  Many of our snowbird friends have left or are in the process of getting ready to leave for the season.  Others of us have begun preparing our trailers and motor homes to be ready for the cold and snow that we know are coming.
            We have been babysitting with the ‘greats’ off and on. Their aunt Audrey is out of work at the moment and has taken over the responsibility for the kid’s part of the time.
            This last week I preached at both the Saturday and Sunday services while our pastor was in California meeting his new granddaughter.   You can read the sermon at www.thomasewilliams.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.