Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28 2011

            This has been a fairly busy week.  Monday morning we babysat the ‘greats’ until they went to school and preschool (7-12).  We had the lunch buffet at Old Chicago Pizza.  Then we did some a little grocery shopping.  That evening we had a supper meeting at Smokey D’s BBQ.  The meeting was with about twenty of the leaders from our church.  This coming Sunday is Consecration Sunday and we were each given a list of names to call.  The people on the list were members and regular attendees who had not yet indicated if they would be coming on Sunday and staying for the catered mean after service.  We needed to get an accurate count to place the meal order.  We both had eaten too much pizza at lunch and ordered lightly at Smokey D’s.  I really intended to take my brisket sandwich home.  However, as the meeting went on I ended up eating the whole thing.  Ella did the same thing with the potato chowder that she’d ordered.
            Tuesday was more of a laid-back day.  We stayed home and took care of minor chores.  We also made our assigned calls to church members and found out who were going to be there for lunch.
            Wednesday I went to Men’s Bible Study from 8 to 10.  I picked Ella up at home and we went to Home Depot to purchase five more sheets of ¾” foil backed foam board.  We came home and unloaded the foam board and then went to Sam’s Club to buy groceries.  After putting the groceries away we went to Village Inn for pie.  Usually there is a group of us that go together for pie but this time it was just the two of us.  Late afternoon and early evening I worked on getting most of the foam board cut and placed around the bottom of the trailer.  Ella took a load of laundry to the club house to wash.  However, when she got there she discovered that the water was off.  A water main had broken and we had no water in the resort for an hour or so.  If she hadn’t been attempting to do laundry we may not have even known that the water was off.  Since we have an eighty gallon fresh water tank, we could have used that if the need had arisen.  But it didn’t.  Around seven that evening we received a call from Lynn asking if we were going to go for pie.  We said that we already had but would be willing to go back so that we could visit with her and Kip.  Kip had just celebrated here 103rd birthday a couple weeks ago.  Ella and I ordered our pies to go.
            Thursday Ella went back to the clubhouse to do laundry.  While she was doing that, I went to Love’s and had one of our 100 pound LP tanks filled.  I came home and hooked the tank up and then started to work on finishing the insulating around the trailer.  By the time I finished, Ella was done with the laundry so I drove over to pick her up.  When we arrived home I realized that the LP tank was still ‘off gassing’.  It’s not unusual for these large tanks to do that after they’ve been filled and the LP in the tank warms up and expands.  However it does not usually last this long stop off gassing.  I was concerned that something might be wrong with the valve so I called our maintenance man here at Cutty’s.  He came and looked at it. I told him that I had just had the tank filled.  He asked how many gallons they had put in, as the tank is supposed to only be filled to 80% to allow for the expansion.  80% would be 22 to 23 gallons.  I checked the fill sheet and found that they had pumped 28 gallons.  We just opened the valve and let some of the gas bleed off.  I’ll have to watch them more closely next time.
            Today is Friday and we went to breakfast at Dahl’s with friends.  Since we came home, Ella has been setting up appointments for us to talk to a councilor about Medicare.  We have received SO MUCH information about the different plans that we are totally confused.  At this point, I just want somebody to make the decision for me.  While she has been doing that, I’ve been updating my blog.   THERE ALL CAUGHT UP! And I still have most of the day left to sit on my backside and watch DroidTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.