Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011 November 06



            Yesterday I said that we had planned to go for ice cream with some friends.  Well, we did go yesterday afternoon.  Only it was not for ice cream.  A frozen yogurt place called Orange Leaf just opened in a strip mall near us.  I had the butter pecan and it was good.  The store is all bright orange and white with strange little chairs that make be feel like I’m back in kindergarten. (For those who don’t know me, I’m 6’1” and just short of 300 pounds.) So, I don’t care much for those little plastic chairs.  The other choice for seating was on tall swiveling chairs with form fitting seats.  Well, they may be form fitting for some butts, but not for mine.
            Today, Sunday, Ella works from 8 to 5.  I dropped her off at the clubhouse and then went to Kum & Go for gasoline and a free newspaper.  I generally only buy gas on Sunday and an occasional Wednesday.  With a purchase of $20 or more at Kum & Go you receive a free newspaper. 
            After filling my gas tank (You don’t know how hard it is for me to call it a ‘gas’ tank when I know it holds gasoline not gas.  Okay, now back to the narrative.) After filling my gas tank I headed to church.  Our Sunday school class was another good lesson.  After class, we discussed plans for a class Christmas party.  Then it was time for church. 
Today is All Saints Day and we remember our members who have died in the last year by their name, ringing a bell and saying, “Absent from us, present with the Lord”.  We lost nine members since our last All Saints Day.  We also listed the items around the church that have been paid for by Memorial Funds given in honor of deceased members.
Following the service we had a meal of pulled port sandwiches, baked potato and carrot and celery sticks.  I purchased two to-go boxes and went to the clubhouse to have lunch with Ella.  As we ate we sat and watched the bright sunlight sparkle on the lake.  It is a very pretty looking day.  If it weren’t for the 10-20 mph winds with gust almost to 40, it would be a perfect Fall day with temps in the lower 60’s.
The bread I baked the other day is about gone.  I guess I'd better quit loafing around and bake some more.  And since the temperature is due to take a nose dive, it is a good time to light the oven.  I've also been asked to bake some potato bread for Thanksgiving.  This would be a good time to do that also, I'll just freeze it until the day before.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Do you have a special way of preparing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.