Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7 2011


I'm trying something different here.  This is a question I posted on Facebook and the responses I received today.  How would you answer this question.

Here is a question I’d like everyone to comment on. It’s kind of my own survey.
“Which is better; to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason”?
 ·  ·  ·  · 10 hours ago
    • Morgan Hart Yikes! That's tough...
      10 hours ago · 
    • Adam Williams I don't quite understand. I would like an example of each.
      10 hours ago ·  ·  1
    • Jennifer Williams I agree with Adam
      10 hours ago · 
    • Mischa Prochaska Hoffman Both
      9 hours ago · 
    • Tom Williams 
      Okay, let me see if I can give examples. Buying a gift for someone because you feel obligated rather than because you want to, would be and example of doing the right thing for the wrong reason. Giving your dog chocolate because you love...See More
      7 hours ago · 
    • Jennifer Williams Based on those, I'd say the first: doing the right thing for the wrong reason....always to the right thing.
      7 hours ago · 
    • Adam Williams 
      It might seem like a copout, but I would say that it is somewhere in the middle. When the kids are trying to help and they mess something up, it is frustrating but I can't get too mad at them. Then there is ignorance, as in your dog example...See More
      3 hours ago · 
    • Melanie Glenn I would have to say doing the wrong thing for the right reason. I do have to add in that is provided you don't know what the right thing is, in example a child's ignorance. At the same time as an adult it is important to do the right thing for the right reasons and not let society dictate what you do. .... I just reread that. I am definitely my fathers daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.