Saturday, December 3, 2011

2011 December 3

        Well, it was certainly different weather to awaken to this morning than yesterday.  Yesterday it was 12 degrees.  It finally worked its way all the way to 40 and then stayed close to that all night.  It was still 38 when I arose this morning.  And it is raining fairly steadily.  
        I'm trying to remember what the conversion is for rain to snow.  How many inches of rain would convert to how many inches of rain?  I guess I'll have to Google it. - Hang on, I'll be right back!  I'm back.  Did you miss me?  The answer is ... drum roll, please ... one inch of rain equals ten inches of snow.  So the half inch of rain that has fallen today would have been five inches of snow ... so far.  Did I mention how much I love the rain?

Grimes, IA 50111

Dec 3, 2011 1:38 PM

Temp
40.7°F
Switch to Celsius
4mph
Hi: 44°F
Lo: 34°F
Rain: 0.47"
Gust: S 11
Wind Chill38°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 41°F
Avg Wind: 4 ENE
Pressure: 29.91"
Rain/Month: 0.47"
Sunrise: 7:24 AM
Sunset: 4:45 PM
Moonphase:
Phase
As reported at:
Prairieview School

Today

Rain

Hi: 42 °F

Rain. High in the lower 40s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.… more

Tonight

Snow

Lo: 24 °F

Light rain through midnight...then a chance of light snow after midnight. A slight chance of light snow early in the… more


       We went out in the rain so that we could go for a Pancake Breakfast being held at our church this morning.  It was to benefit a kids' baseball team, Eastside Sox.  Our church's secretary has a son on the team.  We had pancakes (as many as you care to eat), sausage links, donuts and other pasteries, coffee, milk, and orange juice.  It was nice to sit and visit with some of our friends over breakfast.  Normally, a few couples from church get together for breakfast on Fridays at Dahls.  Ella and I decided not to go yesterday so that we could go to this pancake feed today.  This way we still get fed and the money goes to a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.