Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 27 & 28 2010

July 27

This morning was laundry day. So, over to the club house we went. While the clothes washed, we exercised. Ella on the treadmill and I on the stationary bike. Current weight 267 (mine – not her’s) If she wants you to know, she’ll tell you.

Great –granddaughters came over in the afternoon and wore us out so I’m going to make this post short.



July 28, 2010

Girls got here about 7 a.m. this morning due to the changes in Nathan’s work schedule.

We will now have the “greats” on Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays; for at least a portion of the day.

Since it was Wednesday and I was not working, I went to our Men’s Bible Study. I’ve missed the last 3 (2 because I was working and 1 because … I don’t remember why). They are doing a study using the old “Lucille Ball Show” as discussion starters. Today’s episode centered on a lie that Lucy told and then got caught in. We compared her actions with the many scripture verses that addresses not telling the truth. I don’t think we got to deep into theology but still got the point.



I stopped on the way home and got an oil change at Valvoline. That meant a new oil filter, air filter and windshield wipers for a little over $80. If I was younger, I would just buy the stuff and do it myself. However, they can do it in 10 minutes and I don’t get dirty or sweat!



While I was at Valvoline I got an email that a book that I’d order was at the library. Because it was only a couple blocks from where I was at, I stopped and picked up the book, “How to Convert/Restore Old Cars, Station Wagons, Vans, Trucks & Buses Into RVs”. I’d seen the title while looking for RV construction ideas. I don’t think it’ll be much help – very outdated – printed in 1981 (the year my youngest daughter was born – but she’s not out dated!) It is interesting read though because it gives a little of the history of RVs. (as in, the first production vehicle that might be called an RV was built in 1913 by the American Locomotive Company. It was a motorized Chapel built with the idea that the priest could travel to any location where worshipers might live and conduct services for them. In addition to the chapel, it contained living quarters with bed, lockers, closets and lavatory equipment. Of course innovative home-builders had been converting cars and trucks to living quarters almost as long as they’d been rolling off the production lines. It seems that some people (ahem) just have to tinker and adapt and improve.



Great grandma stayed home with the girls while I was out running errands. When I returned home I got to sing the song about the Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly, and recite the story of the woman whose pig refused to jump the fence. I also read “The Cat in the Hat” and “Say, Can You Say”, which is a book of tongue twisters.

Cutty’s activity committee had given me a coupon for a large pizza at Cutty’s Cafe. So, we four had that for lunch.

Next was nap time. Gran’ma and I were ready – the girls, not so much! Eventually all settled down and naps were had by all.

Beth, a friend of Nathan’s, picked the girls up about 4:00.

Ella was due at work at 5:00 so we had just enough time to go to Village Inn for Pie Rush Wednesday.

After bring Ella back to work, I went to Dahl’s and got our groceries.

Now I’m home and writing on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.