Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29

Ella had a doctor’s appointment today. She has had some tenderness around the scar from the lumpectomy and just wants the reassurance that everything is okay. They are setting her up with a mammogram and will compare it to the one done last December.

- - -
After leaving the doctors she wanted to stop at the library and pick up another book or two. By the time we were done there it was about quarter to two and I was ‘ahungerin’ so we stopped at Popeye’s for some chicken and fixin’s . I had the red beans and rice with the spicy chicken. It was nice to have food with flavor for a change. I do try to do the low fat/sugar/salt as much as possible. But every once in a while I want to have food with taste!
- - -
After Popeye’s we stopped at Walgreens to pick up some of our prescriptions that are on automatic refill. It is kind of nice to not have to think about ordering all the different meds before they run out.
- - -
I uploaded a short video of Great-gran’ma & the girls being silly. Today, she sent a video to me of Great-gran’pa & the girls being silly I will see if I can get it moved over to the blog also.
- - -
As I write this we’re sitting under the awning on the patio. Temp is in the low 80’s but the humidity has dropped down into the comfort zone for a while. With the Iowa State Fair coming up, it would be nice if we could have some unseasonably cool weather. I don’t know if Mike (as in Heather and … ) is familiar with the weather in Iowa or not. I don’t want him to be too scared to come back! Although, if he’s managed to live through the weather in Austin, he should be okay with our summer.
- - -
I’m looking at the lighted candy canes that we had used to decorate for Christmas in July. They are pulled out of the ground but still not put back into storage. Neither are the large Mr. & Mrs. Claus figures that are sitting on our park bench. I guess I should do that after Ella goes to work at 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.