Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sept 17 & 18

Back on the 16th I said that I was going to spend the evening reading. Well, I didn't get around to doing that.  As I was sitting on the patio watching the fire, I noticed our neighbor getting tools from his truck and doing something at the rear of his trailer.  I went over to see if he needed help.  As it turned out, he was just removing the license plate because he has purchased a new trailer.  He didn't need help, however we started talking about trailers and I heard the story of how he came to buy the
new one (even though he wasn't really in the market for a new one)  It's a good story and I'm sorry that you'll not hear it.  There's no way I could tell it the way he did.
We also talked about various things ranging from weight loss, quitting smoking, preaching and dream building.  It was by far the longest conversation I've had with the man.  I told him that next time we'd have to do it sitting on my patio where my fire had now burned down to nearly nothing.  Also, I did catch the second half of the Fringe show . . . and yes, it was a rerun.
Yesterday (the 17th) we went to Nate's to babysit with Rori.  He had scheduled a cable tech to come work on his internet connection. (You know how they say, "We'll be there between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.)  So, we scrapped our plans to take Rori to breakfast and waited for the tech.  He got there around 9 and worked for 1/2 to 3/4 hours.  There was an RV & boat show at the fair grounds.  So we took Rori
and went to the show.  I thought that she'd probably be bored with looking at RVs.  However, I was wrong.  She seemed to really enjoy it as much as we did.  Great-grandma likes to check out the mattresses by lifting the bedspread and pushing down on the mattress.  Having seen great-grandma do
it, Rori proceeded to do the same thing in every trailer.  She'd examine the bathrooms and go, "Um hm!" just like we did.  It was hilarious!

One of the trailers that I was interested in seeing was the 2011 Cameo.  It has a slide that is nearly the full length of the trailer.  I was curious as to how they had dealt with the plumbing for the kitchen sink which was in the slide.  I can see how it would be possible to use a flexible hose for the water supplies.  But the drain seems a bit harder to make use of flexible tubing.  Unfortunately, after having looked under the sink, I still don't know what solution they came up with.
After the RV show, we returned to Nate's and waited for him to come home.  He got home in time to go get Charlotte from school.  As Ella had to be at work at 5, we left before he returned with the girls.

We got back to our place in time for me to grill steaks and eat before she left for work.

Today (18th) it has been raining all morning.  Ella works from 8a.m. to 2p.m.  I dropped her off at work and then did some grocery shopping.  It is 11:35 and I'm supposed to pick up our Angel Foods order at noon.  After I pick Ella up, we're going to John's so he can work on our truck's breaks.  At least that's the plan.  With the rain, I don't know if he'll be able to do the work, since I believe he has to do it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.