Saturday, September 4, 2010

September 3

September 3
53 degrees at 6:00 this morning! You just gotta love the Midwest, IF YOU'RE A METEOROLOGIST!


Now to backdate for a little to Sept. 2. Ella's biopsy went okay. They removed all of the spots with a needle. They had trouble reaching some of them, so it took a little longer than expected. When she got home she slept quite a bit.

I got to work just an hour late yesterday. Boy was I ever busy!!! Everybody decided that yesterday was THE day to go camping. I was home last night before I realized that I hadn't eaten any supper. I didn't even have time to finish my Dr Pepper.

Now, back to today. We got to Nate's at about 6:30 and started getting the girls around.  Rori was excited that Poppa was here today.  Charlotte did not want to get up and get ready for school.  Great-grandma tried coaxing her, tried distracting her, tried everything.  I told her to get dressed and I don't tell her twice.  She got dressed and ate breakfast and was good to go. 
We got her to school and as she's getting out of the truck she asks where her backpack is.  She'd left it at home.  Her teacher said for us not to go get it and bring it back as it would disrupt the class.
After dropping Charlotte at school, we took Rori to breakfast with us.  The 'breakfast gang' was glad to see her.  It had been a while since she/they had been to breakfast with us.
After breakfast we went back to Nate's and spent the day there until time to pick Charlotte up from school.  The teacher said that everything went downhill from the backpack on.  It was a very emotional day for Charlotte.
We brought the girls out to our place and took them to the store for ice cream.  Rori went to sleep on the way and slept most of the way through the ice cream (Charlotte and I ate most of Rori's before she woke up enough to eat --- Hey! it was going to melt!)
By the time we got them back to our place, it was time for me to go to work.  Daddy picked the girls up at about 6:00.

Update. Ella got a call from the doctors and everything is okay with the biopsy, all benign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.