Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day and the 6th


September 5 2011 Labor Day

            Ella worked this morning 8-2.  While she was working, I did some house work and worked on a sermon for the 17th.  Lee has asked me to preach at that Saturday service.  I have the major parts of the service laid out.  Tomorrow I’ll get a list of music that our Praise Band can play/sing.  Once I’ve selected the music, it’ll be 99% done.  Between now and then, I’ll continue to tweak the message.
            It has been a beautiful day, bright and sunny, no wind to speak of and a high of barely 80.  This is a good day to be outside.  The resort seems peaceful and quiet today.  There are a lot of people here enjoying the holiday.  However, after all the activities on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (concert, auction, carnival, hayrack rides, breakfasts and etc), it seems that people are just enjoying grilling, fishing and sitting in the sunshine.  As I said, “a good day to be outside.”
            It was also a good day to fashion a new storm door.  Last year I cut a sheet of Plexiglas to cover the screen door.  It worked very well.  On sunny but chilly days I could have the door open and enjoy the sun and the heat that came through the Plexiglas.  However on sunny and warm days, I wished that the storm door wasn’t in place and the breeze could come through.  This year I used some sheets of flexible, clear vinyl attached with Velcro.  That way I can easily attach or remove in accordance with the weather conditions.
            After Ella got off work at 2 p.m. we went to visit Teresa W. at her camping spot here at Cutty’s.  She has been our guitar player/music leader at our worship services.  We got her a ‘Thank You” card and let her know how much we appreciated her addition to the services.  She shared that it was a real time of growth for her.  She is basically a shy person and had previously only played her guitar in front of other people around a campfire; and even then it was reluctantly.  Because of her experience or playing for our group, she felt emboldened enough to volunteer to participate as a presenter at a church retreat that her home church was sponsoring.
            Tomorrow we would normally be babysitting with the ‘greats’.  However, it is oldest daughter L. B’s birthday and Great-grandma thought L. B. might like to spend it with her granddaughters and suggested it to them.  So, we will not see C. and L. until Wednesday.  That was a real sacrifice to give up our time with the girls.

September 6 2011
            Yesterday was a picture perfect day and today appears to be a full-color copy.  It is about 9:30 a.m. and we’ve just finished breakfast.  For some unknown reason I was feeling very sleepy yesterday afternoon.  Must have been the peacefulness of the day!  At any rate, along about 5 p.m. sleepiness attacked me.  I fought it off until 7 and then said, “I surrender” and went to bed.  I didn’t even watch TV in bed.  I think I passed out as soon as I lay down. 
            I woke at about midnight and realized I hadn’t taken my ‘supper’ meds.  So I took them and went back to sleep.  Around 3 a.m. I awoke again and took the pills that I should have taken at bed time.  Then I slept until 7:30 this morning.  12 ½ hours!  So strange to sleep that long because I seldom sleep about ½ of that!
            As I said yesterday, we will not be babysitting today.  That means that we have absolutely no plans for today other than Ella working from 5 to 8 this evening.  What to do?  What to do?  Maybe go look at RVs.  That is one of our favorite things to do.  And we are even seriously in the market for an additional trailer for our time in Texas.  I’ll have to talk to Ella and see what she wants to do.
            Since I didn’t get yesterday’s post published, I’ get this posted now and try to write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.