Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 07 2011



            Up early (5:45) this morning to head into Ankeny to babysit with great-granddaughters.  After dropping Ella off at grandson N’s place, I went on into Des Moines for the Wednesday Men’s Bible Study. 
            We normally meet in the fellowship hall.  However, our bi-annual church rummage sale will take place this coming Thursday, Friday and Saturday and the fellowship hall is full of tables of rummage.  Ella and I only donated a few items this year and hopefully we can avoid bring anything home from the sale.  We should rename it from ‘sale’ to ‘exchange’ to be more accurate.
            So, as I was saying before wandering off the subject, we (the Men’s Bible Study) were unable to use the fellowship hall so we moved on into the sanctuary.  Instead of showing clips from a DVD on a TV, we projected it to the big screen in the chancel area.  The clip was from “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” and started our discussion of anger and forgiveness.  There is a lot of accumulated wisdom in this group of men.  I always come away with something new to think about.
            After the meeting, I returned to N’s to help watch over L. who doesn’t have preschool on Wednesdays.  Usually, she and I get to spend some good play time together where she teaches me something new about life.  Today she just wanted to watch Dora the Explorer all day.  If you aren’t familiar with the series, they are aimed right at her 3-4 year-old age group.  The DVD’s are “interactive” in that the kids are given things to do or say and then Dora and friends wait for them to do it.  Frankly, other than picking up some words in Spanish, I think L. has gone beyond the skill set they are trying to build.  Anyway, I’m a little disappointed that she chose the TV over the great-grandpa today.
            Oh yes, it has been another gorgeous day with a high of 73, full sun and a slight breeze.  I almost feel guilty about having such nice weather when other parts of the country are having EXTREME weather.  I guess when I look back at the crappy weather we experienced throughout spring and summer; this good weather is just a taste of what we missed earlier.  Now I feel better.
            Pray for the people in Texas who have lost so much to the fires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.