Monday, December 19, 2011

2011 December 19

Since I didn't post a sunrise pick for Saturday, I took this sunset pic.






Then I did get a sunrise on Sunday.








And a sunrise this morning.








         Sunday was a great day.  Sunday school and church in the morning.  
        Then I quickly came home and put on the red suit and went over to Cutty's clubhouse.  The dining area of the clubhouse had been rented to a family for a Christmas party.  When I came in, the kids all came to sit on my lap and tell me what they wanted for Christmas while Mom and Dad took pictures.
        We had just finished up with them when my niece Krista and her husband Russ came with her daughters and grandkids.  We got the pictures taken and the Christmas wishes heard and then got to have cookies and visit for a little bit.  They couldn't stay long because Stevie works nights and had to get home and to bed.
        Later yesterday, Ella got a call from a friend who has a son that is a single father.  He is having a rough time of it at the moment and a group has donated gifts for his son.  Ella's friend wanted to know if we could deliver the gifts as Mr. and Mrs. Claus.  We will go into town today and get the gifts and then deliver them tonight.  He knows that we are coming to see his son.  He does not know about the gifts that we'll be bringing.  This should be real fun.
        On another note:  we have called Travis this morning to let him know that our furnace still is not working.  Hopefully that will get taken care of today.  Our electric heater and fireplace are doing the job of keeping us warm.  However, I want to have the furnace fixed and running in case we were to have a power outage.
       That about brings you up to speed on what's happening here at the North Pole for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.