Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Aug 11 2010

MORE RAIN!

Another 3 ½ inches of rain and yes our lake flooded again.
Not far from here three car loads of kids were swept off the road by flood water and one of them drowned in a farm field.
The city of Ames to our north is flooding worse than in 1993. They are currently without city water. The interstate on both sides of Ames is shut down. I’m really getting tired of rain! Enough about the weather!
- - -
Today is Wednesday and you know what that means! That’s right, it’s Pie Rush Wednesday! Only we didn’t make it to Village Inn. We’ve had the “greats” all day and they left just as Great-grandma Ella was going to work. Maybe we can make it after Mrs. Claus gets off work.
- - -
Just a couple more days until Heather and Mike are here. I’ve got the ham bones cooked down to stock that I’ll use for the pea soup. I've cut some nice ham steaks from the ham and I'm going to slow cook the remainder in a crock pot and then shred it like pulled pork. I’ve also told them that I’ll fix pancakes and eggs for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.