Saturday, August 14, 2010

Aug 13 & 14

Aug 13

Heather and Mike arrived (finally). We had breakfast and visited for a while and then went to Starbucks for coffee. Then we took a drive. First we drove around the resort and we showed them the various activities available. Then we drove around Saylorville Lake. We spent some time at the spillway.

By then it was time for lunch. The split pea soup (that I’d put in the crock pot) wasn’t ready so we had the pulled ham sandwiches, corn on the cob and Muscatine melon. We spent a lot of time just visiting. Heather asked if we had questions for Mike. I said that I wasn’t prepared to interview him. I was less interested in the “facts” of his life than in what kind of person he was. We swam for a while and came back home and talked and ate the soup for supper. As it approached seven o’clock they needed to leave because Heather had a surprise for Mike: she had tickets to see a comedian at Hoyt Sherman Place. She had wanted to show him the theater because of the performances she had done there while in elementary school.

The weather was overcast all morning and started brief times of sprinkling around noon. It wasn’t until we were home for lunch that it actually rained. The rain was brief but it dropped the temperature a lot and brought up a nice breeze. After the rain the sky became mostly clear but stayed comfortable.

- - -

Aug 14

It is overcast / foggy this morning. Ella has gone to work (8-2) and I work from 3:30 to 10 this evening. I’ve got the dishes washed and will go to the store for bread, milk and eggs in a little bit. I want to spend some time reading the RV Travel newsletter before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.