Friday, March 16, 2012

2012 March 16 Friday


            Ouch!  My planter fasciitis is very painful this morning.  I’ve taken a couple of doses of Arthritis Strength Tylenol in hopes of easing the pain.  It has been a while since it has flared up this bad.  I will spend as much of the day as possible in a recliner with my feet up.
            We will be leaving home soon to go to Ankeny and babysit with the great granddaughters.  Charlotte does not have school so we will get to spend more time with her.  Lorelia still has preschool at around 12:00.  Normally we would not be watching the girls on a Friday because Beth has the day off.  Today, however, she has a doctor’s appointment.
            I’m sitting here with the windows and door open and listening to the birds.  The robins are being particularly noisy.  I’m guessing that they are defining and protecting their territory while trying to attract a mate.
            For the last several years a robin has built a nest on the ladder at the rear of our Road Ranger fifth wheel trailer.  I’m afraid it has not ended well for the eggs / baby birds in those nests.  I’m wondering if they will try again this year even though the Hitch Hiker is sitting on the site.
            I just heard a sandpiper also.  Yesterday we were serenaded by a redwing blackbird.  It is such a pretty trill.  This video is not of "my" redwing, however, it shows off the song.

>Later that same day>
           It is about three in the afternoon and we are back home.  Babysitting went well.  It was nice to be able to spend more time with Charlotte today.
         We stopped by Plaza RV and let them know that we'll want to pick up the Excel in about a month, mid April.  We also picked up a new knob for the igniter on the stove.  It turned out to be the wrong  size.  I'll have to take it back on Monday after we are done babysitting.
          I also stopped at Valvoline so they could top off the oil in the truck.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.