Sunday, November 13, 2011

2011 November 13

           Well, we’re back from the little side trip down memory lane with that four-part story about why we live where and how we do.  It was fun for me to write so I hope you enjoyed reading it.  For those that are interested in the RV lifestyle, I have started a new blog called “Home Is Where The Fifth-Wheel Is”.  You can follow this link: http://homeiswherethe5thwheelis.blogspot.com/   Now that is our of the way…

            Yesterday, Saturday, Ella worked in the morning.  While she worked I did the laundry.  I also made a big pot of Navy beans & ham along with corn bread.  The beans had two large and meaty ham hocks cooked in them.  The hocks added enough salt that I did not need to add anymore.  All I seasoned with was cracked pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.  The cornbread was spiced up with four teaspoons of Franks Hot Sauce.
            The food went with us to Saturday night Praise Service.  The second Saturday of the month there is a potluck following the service.  Last month we went to the service but forgot about the potluck.  Since we had not brought any food, we were going to leave.  However we were told that we could eat as long as I brought my ‘bean soup’ the following month.  Well, a deal is a deal, so I brought the beans.  It went over very well indeed.  The cornbread was well received by those who like spicy food and shunned by those who still have taste buds. (grin).
            Today we went to Sunday school but did not stay for church.  I spent most of the day working on the new blog.  Once I had the concept of making it an RV advice / how to do it blog, the ideas just started flowing.  I have drafts of over six blogs ready to post.
Now I need to get caught up on the Sermons and Stories blog, www.thomasewilliams.blogspot.com.   That makes three blogs that I’m working on. Fortunately the other two are only once a week blogs.
            Oh, I did get out of the chair long enough to bake a loaf of bread.  That was my day.  What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.