Wednesday, November 16, 2011


     


       Yesterday I baked a very large loaf of potato bread.  I really should have formed the dough into three loaves.
       This morning started off bright and cold (25 degrees). It is supposed to only warm to the mid 40s.  If it stays sunny, I don't mind the cold so much.
      Being Wednesday, that means that it is Men's Bible Study day.  One of our members, who is a WWII vet, brought in a DVD about the Honor Flights.  It was a very moving DVD to watch and to hear some of the memories of these men. If you are not familiar with them, here is a quote from their web site. Honor Flight Network is a non-profit organization created solely to honor America's veterans for all their sacrifices. We transport our heroes to Washington, D.C.to visit and reflect attheir memorials. Top priority is given to the senior veterans – World War II survivors, along with those other veterans who may be terminally ill.
      This Wednesday is also the night that our Worship Committee meets.  We be finalizing some of the plans for Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, and the Hanging of the Greens.  We will also be discussing our committee's budget for the coming year.  I will be sharing some of the topics that were brought up in the Administrative Council meeting this past Monday.  A whole lot of good ideas were brought up in that meeting.  I'm hoping that my committee can take the ball and run with it on some of those ideas.
     I do not know if we will be going for pie at Village Inn today.  We have not missed many "Pie Rush Wednesdays" in the past couple of years.  However, we managed to spend four weeks of income in three weeks.  So, we need to watch the pennies as well as the dollars for the next week.  The friends that we usually go to Village Inn with, are not planning to go either and the fellowship is more important than the pie.

*** Later Wednesday evening.  As I was driving back from the Worship Committee meeting, I talked to Ella and found out that Lynn had called.  She and Kip were on their way down to Village Inn for pie.  So, I drove home and then Ella and I went to Village Inn for pie.  I have a Verizon Rebate card that I was saving to use for gasoline.  Oh well, pie is better than gas.  So I'll just buy LESS gas.  I don't have anyplace that I have to be until Sunday, so we'll be fine. *** Later Wednesday evening.  As I was driving back from the Worship Committee meeting, I talked to Ella and found out that Lynn had called.  She and Kip were on their way down to Village Inn for pie.  So, I drove home and then Ella and I went to Village Inn for pie.  I have a Verizon Rebate card that I was saving to use for gasoline.  Oh well, pie is better than gas.  So I'll just buy LESS gas.  I don't have anyplace that I have to be until Sunday, so we'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.