Thursday, October 4, 2018

2018 August 03 Friday

2018 August 03 Friday in Grimes Iowa

63° at the start, 83° by noon, and 95° by mid afternoon

We got into the truck this morning and the battery was dead. Our best guess is the security system started the lights flashing (horn doesn't work) yesterday afternoon. We were with Kara in her car all afternoon and evening. We didn't get home until late last night.

I got out my trickle charger, but it didn't seem to be doing anything. I went next door and knocked on my neighbor's door. When Don came to the door, I asked if he would come and jump my truck. he said he could do better than that. He had one of those instant start contraptions which he brought over and hooked up to the truck. All the bells and whistles in my truck started going off but all the engine did was click when I turn the key. So we let it just sit there on that charger thing for a moment and then I tried it again and it kind of groaned a little bit but didn't start. So we waited a little longer and this time when I tried the key it just went back to clicking so. So we went to get his van and jump-started it and got it running.

Wanting to make sure it had chance to charge, we drove to the east side of Des Moines to pick up the worship bulletin for Sunday. It was something we needed to do anyway and it gave us an extra run to get the battery charged.

Continuing to charge the battery we drove through Burger King and got a couple of breakfast sandwiches.

We arrived at the senior center just a little early. And helped to get some of the things set up. And then I went for a couple walking laps around the inside of the building.

[video data-wpid="65" src="https://rvingfulltimewithtomandellacom.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/vid_20180803_111445.mp4" class="size-full" data-temp-aztec-id="fd300638-f1b4-4316-90cb-b57e29261e47"]

Once people started arriving, we played Fast Track. We played a couple of rounds of Fast Track. And then I walked three more laps around the inside of the building. By then it was time for lunch. It was tuna salad (without the bread), pickled beets (which I didn't eat), watermelon, and bread pudding (which I did eat).

From there we drove to Fareway Foods to purchase items for the Nye Family Reunion tomorrow at the Cutty's Lodge

I stayed in the truck with the engine running while Ella went in the store to buy supplies. I really want to put more energy into the truck than we take out.

That's just the opposite of what I'm trying to do with my body where I'm trying to burn more calories than I eat. I live a very sedentary life and so is not easy for me to burn off those calories. If thinking burned calories I'd be as skinny as I was in high school.

Even at work on a busy day, it really isn't physically taxing.

G'nite y'all!

Visit my daily devotions blog
https://musingsdevotions.wordpress.com/

And my sermons blog


http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1
All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.