Thursday, October 4, 2018

2018 August 24 Friday

2018 August 24 Friday in Grimes Iowa

66° and drizzle. It rained overnight but didn't amount to anything.

Breakfast at the Cutty's Cafe this morning and then to the Grimes senior center for games and lunch (which I couldn't eat because it contained onions). Ella ate at the center. I went to McDonald's. I still have a few hives from that trip to the ER on the 12th.

I came home for a nap before work. When we got home there was no water. The park's was off to repair a leak. By the time my nap was over, the water was back on.

.

I relieved Dixie at the fee booth and then work that afternoon with Jim who left at 7. I worked until 10.

This grey overcast haziness it's still due to the fires out west and Canada.

This summer’s relentless California wildfires have claimed at least a dozen lives and destroyed more than 1,200 homes. But along with the loss of life and property, the blazes have also taken a tremendous toll on taxpayers and the state’s huge tourism industry.

British Columbia is on fire. In this Canadian province, 56 wildfires 'of note' are active and continuing to blow smoke into the skies overhead.

My lovely wife came to visit with me after Card Jackpot tonight. She was going to just leave the truck and walk home. I convinced her to stay and wait the last hour and a half. She has been falling a lot in the last few months and I fear for her walking on the gravel road in the dark. By the way, she lost at Card Jackpot tonight. Usually she wins something to add back into our nickles and quarter jar. I think we're still ahead a few cents for the season.

.

G’nite y’all!

Visit my daily devotions blog https://musingsdevotions.wordpres mys.com/

And my sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1
All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.