Thursday, October 4, 2018

2018 September 08 Saturday

2018 September 08 Saturday in Grimes, Urbandale, and West Des Moines, Iowa

Good news, no rain!

Scrambled eggs with shredded chicken and cheese sauce for breakfast.

Then a normal morning at the cafe with Sandy and Francis, Sue, and ourselves. The only change is that the cafe hours have changed from 8 a.m. through 9 p.m. to the new shorter hours of 9 a.m. through 7 p.m.

Ella had won a $50 gift card to HyVee good stores. Today I took her shopping and told her to buy things for herself (no groceries). The super store we went to has clothing, florists, Electronics, household items, and more. She bought a plastic storage box, pretzel bites, caramel pop corn, and beef jerky. I added Prego spaghetti sauce and wet wipes.

Around 11:30 we finished the shopping and went to Cracker Barrell for lunch.

Nobbies was next on our agenda. We were looking for Halloween and//or Christmas items but didn't find anything we wanted to buy.

.

On the way home e received a call from nieces Kara and Karla. They were coming down for a visit.

Arriving home about a half hour ahead of them, I took a nap. I'd been awake since shortly after four this morning.

We played several games of Fast Track with them and did a visit call with their brother Kirk.

For supper the two of them took us to Texas Roadhouse.

I had to get this photo of 6'3" Karla hugging 5' Ella. It was a great day.

G’nite y’all!

Visit my daily devotions blog https://musingsdevotions.wordpres mys.com/

And my sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1l
All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that people think / feel about what I've posted.